Invisalign® — Upper West Side Manhattan's "clear" choice for orthodontic braces
Worried about getting braces and having a mouth full of metal? Invisalign aligners are clear; so while your new smile will be noticed by everybody, your braces won't be seen at all! Dr. Iris Vardy is a certified Invisalign provider, giving her patients a clearly comfortable alternative to traditional metal braces.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign aligners are customized, clear aligners used to straighten teeth quicker and with fewer office visits than traditional braces. Over 70 percent of orthodontists in the United States and Canada use Invisalign to accurately and effectively treat their patients. Invisalign aligners are:
- Invisible — Invisalign aligners are almost completely invisible! Friends, family members and coworkers may never even know you are wearing braces.
- Comfortable — Invisalign aligners are made from plastic that is smooth and rounded along the edges so they don't irritate your mouth like traditional braces can.
- Customized — Your Invisalign aligners are made to fit your mouth. Dr. Vardy uses advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to take an impression of your teeth and customize each aligner so that it fits your mouth and adjusts your teeth over time.
- Removable — Unlike traditional braces, you can remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush your teeth, floss and for special occasions. So there's no need to change your lifestyle!
- Effective — You will notice a significant difference even before your treatment is complete! Most treatments are complete within one year; however this can vary from patient to patient.
Why should you choose Invisalign?
There are so many reasons why you should consider Invisalign treatment today, what's yours?
- You want a straighter, healthier smile without all the noticeable wires and brackets of traditional braces. Invisalign treatments give patients healthier gums, make brushing and flossing easier, improve chewing and speech, and help maintain proper tooth structure.
- Invisalign aligners are removable making it easy for you to enjoy the foods you love without worrying about breaking your appliance, as well as brushing and flossing regularly to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- You don't have to change anything about your lifestyle! With Invisalign you can continue to participate in day-to-day activities without changing a thing. Invisalign is great for professionals, athletes, brides, and parents.
- Office visits and checkups are easy, quick, and painless.
Find out what other people have to say about their Invisalign experience! READ MORE
How will the plastic Invisalign aligners straighten my teeth?
The most frequently asked question from our patients getting braces is "how long will this treatment take?" With traditional braces, treatments can take between 18 and 30 months; but with Invisalign, your treatment may take anywhere from nine to 15 months. That's almost half the time of traditional braces!
When you begin your Invisalign treatment you will receive several sets of custom fit aligners. Each set of aligners is worn for only two weeks. After about two weeks you can switch your aligners with the next set and continue straightening your teeth. Over time you will notice a change, and in just a few months you will have a straighter, healthier smile!